Developed by the American Federation of Teachers, Share My Lesson is an interactive, online community where professional educators can share effective teaching resources with one another. There are over 295,000 free teaching materials on the website—including lesson plans, learning activities, and worksheets—and the resources cover material from all educational subjects and grade levels. Share My Lesson also features a growing resource bank for Common Core State Standards, providing free webinars, statistics, and professional advice.
Share My Lesson kicked off the start of 2014 with some key milestones that prove it is the “fastest growing online resource community for educators today.”
Teachers, paraprofessionals and parents from around the United States have flocked to Share My Lesson since its launch in June 2012. To date, the site has 420,000 members, just under 300,000 free resources (30,000 of which are aligned to the Common Core State Standards) — and it just passed the 4.5 million downloaded resource mark.
The classroom materials available range from full lesson plans to worksheets, quizzes, handouts, PowerPoint slides, videos, and activities to use with students and children in grades K-12. Materials are uploaded for sharing by members and more than 200 content partners like PBS NewsHour, Colorin’ Colorado, National Constitution Center, Sesame Workshop, and Denver Art Museum.
In addition to spanning the subjects and grade levels, Share My Lesson’s free teaching resources include dedicated materials for English Language Learners, students with disabilities, and those who are categorized as gifted and talented. It also features content theme collections, like a series celebrating the upcoming President’s Day, as well as lesson plans for current events, such as the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. Check out the Olympic Winter Games collection.
10 Great Reasons to register for Share My Lesson:
- Download over 294,000 free, high-quality lesson plans, handouts and teaching Resources.
- Access resources that are rated and reviewed by other educators.
- Search for lesson plans by grade and subject or by specific topic.
- Explore the dedicated Common Core Information Center and check out our 30,000+ Common Core-aligned resources.
- Find great classroom activities from our content partners.
- Get advice and inspiration from your colleagues.
- Share your favorite resources with other teachers worldwide.
- Enter our competitions for the chance to win prizes.
- Join the fastest growing network of teachers in America.
- Relax, knowing that the resources on Share My Lesson will always be free!