The District and USEP have begun negotiations for the 2015-2016 Instructional and SRP contracts! We have agreed to start early in the hopes that an earlier settlement will prove advantageous for everyone. Â The SRP team met on Wednesday, April 29th, and the Instructional team met last night, April 30th.
This week USEP passed:
- Ground Rules â€“Â (includes a new rule requiring parties who record the session to provide a copy of the recording within one week)
- School Choice Preference Employee Request MOU â€“ unchanged (Instructional Only, SRP to come)
- Indoor Air/Environmental Quality Issues MOUÂ â€“ unchanged
- Federal and State Legislation MOUÂ â€“ reintroduced for consistency with SRP contract
- Educational Para/Instructional Assistant MOU â€“ Career development program (SRP Only)
- NNB & Administrative Review MOU â€“ (SRP Only)
The Board passed:
- Electronic Availability and Printing of Agreement MOUÂ â€“ dates only changed
- Retention of Fingerprints, and Five (5) Year Check MOUÂ â€“ change of wording to match verbiage in statute, updating of costs for fees in the year ahead
- “Mutual” Proposal #1 – Article VIII -Leaves of AbsenceÂ â€“Â (adding voluntary sick leave donation language)
- Withholding of Step Discussions until August 2015 MOU â€“ (SRP Only)
There was considerable discussion by both Bargaining teams regarding the Districtâ€™s sick leave donation proposal. Â Florida state government and some other districtâ€™s implemented this idea after recent legislation passed allowing for the donation of leave days to employees other than family members. Â USEP is investigating and communicating with our counterparts in other districts regarding this possible benefit to employees.