USEP 2016-2017 NEGOTIATIONS
USEP met with the District on two occasions since we formally declared impasse on November 9, 2016. Although USEP hoped to reach settlement without a formal impasse hearing, we do not believe that will be the case this year. We know it has been a long process and we thank all of you, member and potential member, for your patience. USEP recognizes the incredible time and dedication of our SRP and Instructional Negotiation teams for their hard work on behalf of all our employees. (All proposals below can be found on the USEP website at: http://www.useponline.org/negotiations/ )
- Increased economic proposal for both Instructional SRP employees by .03% (2.65% to 2.68%)
- Instructional — Countered language for DA training and substituting.
- SRP — Countered SRP Workplace Committee
- Moved to 3.35% for both units
- SRP — Signed language for an SRP Workplace Committee
- Instructional — Signed language to provide comp time for substituting during planning as well as language for teachers in our designated DA schools
- Agreed on the selection for Special Magistrates for SRP and Instructional Hearings
NOTE: We are saddened to report that there has still been no desire to consider language at all for our Annual Contract teachers that would provide our Highly Effective and Effective employees even the smallest amount of security in their careers!
“We need to make ‘inverting the pyramid’ more than a catch phrase if we want Public Education in Pasco County to reach the level of excellence our members know it can be!