SRP Bargaining Update November 18, 2019 – Tentative Agreement Reached
SRP CONTRACT SETTLEMENT REACHED!!
The USEP and District SRP Bargaining teams met again last night (Nov. 18th) and after a long bargaining session, reached a tentative agreement on all issues. This year’s negotiations started in mid-June and just completed last night. Congratulations, and thank you to all SRP Bargaining Team members for their commitment to this critical union endeavor. Details of the settlement are as follows:
- Economic Settlement:
- An across-the-board 3.25% salary increase to all eligible SRP retroactive to July 1, 2019;
- Additional Considerations:
- The following types of Instructional Assistants (IA, IA DHH ESE, IA ESE, IA ESOL, IA ILS, IA PE, IA Pre-K, IA Spec. Adult Ed, IA ESE, and IA DJJ) will be moved from their current pay grade one grade forward. This will result in an approx. 52 cents/hour increase;
- Occupational and Physical Therapy Assistants - will be moved to a new Pay Grade “18” and receive an additional $1.00/hour;
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s) - will be moved from Pay Grade 12 to 14 resulting in additional hourly compensation;
- Data Entry Operators and Student System Data Entry Operators - will be moved from Pay Grade 07 to 08 and receive an approx. 50 cents/hour increase;
- Other Economic Terms:
- The District will cover an additional $141,958 in increased FRS contributions;
- The District will continue to cover the state-required fingerprint retention fee for employees of $25,843.
- Language Improvement:
Improved “Safety & Health” language which will strengthen the “Threat Assessment” process ensuring that impacted SRP receive direct feedback from an Assessment Team member concerning the extent of the threat and any safety procedures to be taken.
- Memorandums Continued:
- School Improvement Grant Funding at Fox Hollow ES;
- Sick Leave Bank improvements moved from a MOU to the contract;
- Ed. Para/IA and Other SRP - Career Development Program;
- Maintenance Dept. Shirt Program;
- SRP Compensation Committee;
- SRP Workplace Committee;
- FNS Training Compensation;
- FNS Safety Apparel;
- FNS Summer Food Service Program;
A very large “Thank you” should be extended to our SRP Bargaining Team members who are:
Jim Jennings, Teresa Lombardo, Phil Sullivan from the NW Garage, MaryAnn Brini from the Central Garage, Ed Garza and Marvin Coleman from WCHS, Lorna Conley from SSES, Michele Bird from JWMHS, Mona Stafford from RBCES, Karen Zummo from TEWMS, Nilsa Calabria-Seda from PVMS, Gloryvee Ortiz from AHS and Chris Szerbiak from the District’s OTA services.