USEP UPDATE – Friday, July 3rd, 2020
Hello USEP Members,
On June 25th and on June 30th, USEP held focus groups to gather information, questions, and concerns from our members. We have also compiled additional comments, questions, and concerns from large numbers of emails and phone calls from you, our members. USEP continues to take our members’ concerns various seriously, and we continue to advocate for your safety.
On June 30th at USEP’s request, members of district leadership participated in a Zoom meeting with USEP. During this meeting, various safety issues were discussed.
- The district has extended the deadline for employees to fill out the intent to return form and for families to select an option for their child for the upcoming school year. The new deadline is July 8th. If you have not done so already, please visit https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/reopening .
- If you have already selected an option, you may change your mind based on new information or changing circumstances. To change your option, simply fill out the Intent to Return form again. The district will use the most recent form.
- USEP is fighting for immunocompromised employees with medical documentation to be prioritized as schools select staff for My School Online positions. Employees seeking to teach through MySchoolOnline due to a documented medical condition should carefully review and complete the ADA form found here: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/er/ada_medical_certification.revised.pdf
- As the district continues to develop their plans for face to face instruction, USEP continues to advocate for safety. At the most recent School Board meeting the district stated they are leaning toward developing a policy of mask wearing for students and staff at the secondary level whenever social distancing is not possible. At the elementary level, masks would be worn anytime one is outside of his or her cohort.
- Face shields may be worn in lieu of a mask. The district is working on acquiring face shields that could be made available to employees.
- All schools will have an isolation room for students that exhibit symptoms.
- Safety for employees and student remains the primary concern.
- Information on Leave options can be found here: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/home/in_leave_of_absence_quick_reference_guide_covid.pdf
In addition, the District release information on COVID-19 test sites and tips. Click here to view for a list of COVID-19 test locations and tips to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For a review of the District email regarding Community Resources, click on the above link.
Please know that USEP will continue to advocate for our members throughout the re-opening process as we continue to discuss procedures and concerns with District staff. As we move forward, we will communicate outcomes to our members. Thank you for your support and understanding in this unprecedented undertaking.