- USEP SPRING TRAINING POSTPONED! Due to COVID shots being made available this Saturday for District employees over 50, our Spring Building Rep Training will be postponed. We will let you know the rescheduled date and time ASAP.
- Covid-19 vaccine shots available â€“ If you are 50 years or older, you will be receiving notice from the District that you are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. The District and DOH are beginning this process starting THIS SATURDAY. Appointments must be made and are on a First Come- First Serve basis! All pertinent information into the process is included in your email, but your appointment is for the FIRST and SECOND shot. These shots are being administered at two locations â€“ Gulf Middle School on the west side and at the District Office Compound for the rest of the county.
The Screening and Consent form MUST be printed, completed and brought to the appointment. If you have further questions, please contact our office. While this does not address ALL employees, it is a step in that direction. As more vaccines are made available, broader populations will be addressed.
- USEP addresses school closings. The District announced to the staff at Centennial Elementary and James Marlowe Elementary Schools that those schools will be closed and reopened as STEAM Magnet Schools. Because of the contractual violations in the process, USEP has filed a Class Action Grievance against the District on this matter. We are scheduled for a hearing tomorrow morning and are asking for contract language to be followed. USEP feels strongly that we need to adhere to the contractual process as more situations similar to these may very well happen over the next couple years as the District makes curricular and programming changes to schools.
- SB 78 (Companion Bill – HB 947) â€“ This Bill requires employer authorization AND confirmation that the employee intends to have â€œauthorized the deductions of dues and uniform assessments.â€ For the first time ever, the employer is in charge of the dueâ€™s authorization process. It also requires a renewal of membership every time a new contract is signed. This is unneeded and unwanted governmental oversight. This Bill is being heard TOMORROW, MARCH 4, AT 9 AM IN THE SENATE RULES COMMITTEE. PLEASE CONTACT THIS COMMITTEE AND TELL THEM TO VOTE â€œNO!â€ ON THIS BILL!
- USEP continues to deal with situations brought to us by members and our Building Reps. We are proud of the work you do daily on behalf of the students and want you to know –
â€œWEâ€™VE GOT YOUR BACK!â€