We represent all the teachers and school related personnel in the Pasco County Public School System.
- Negotiates wages, benefits and working conditions for Instructional and School Related Personnel.
- Represents members at conferences, meetings and grievance hearings.
- Ensures fair and equitable treatment by monitoring worksite issues and auditing administrative actions.
- Participates on numerous District and State Committees.
- Protects its members interests by reporting on all local and state legislative sessions.
- Works to thwart or pass legislation that impacts education.
- Answers member questions regarding important education/work related issues.
- Attends local, state, and national educational conferences and forums.
- Promotes the education profession to the public, media, school board and legislature.
Exclusive Economic Benefits For USEP members
- Financial planning services that are offered at times convenient for you.
- Mortgages and loans offering low interest rates and no application fees.
- Discounted insurance plans for you and your family.
- Online discounted shopping.
- Savings on automotive and homeowners insurance from local insurance companies.
- College scholarships for members and their dependants.
- Free $10,000 group term life insurance for a full year.
- Special financing for the purchase of Apple and IBM computers.
- Union credit cards, offering low rates, no fees, and skip payment options.
- Theme park, travel and lodging discounts.
Professional Development & Job Security
USEP Offers Training Opportunities, Legal Assistance, and the Chance to Participate in Contract Negotiations
- Inservice and Staff Development opportunities through participation in union sponsored activities.
- Job specific guides containing practical and useful information.
- Local, state, and national newsletters containing pertinent and timely job related information.
- Professional and social networking with counterparts from across the county, state, and nation.
- $5,000 up-front, job-related legal defense fund.
- Union sponsored committees and workshops addressing worksite and district issues.
- Opportunities to get involved with Master Contract Negotiations.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the USEP Office and ask to speak with a Membership Services Representative.