Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING
- On Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023, some 65 Building Reps gathered with USEP staff for the Fall Leadership Training at Rushe Middle School. Our task for the day was to devise local worksite plans to engage potential members in conversation regarding “The Value of Belonging”! We continue to work toward meeting the legislative mandate of 60% density when we re-register with PERC in order to remain the Bargaining Agent for Pasco County school employees. It is important to note that collectively we are #STRONGER TOGETHER!
- Thank you to our reps who took the day to work with us in an attempt to provide direction and resources to move USEP forward.
- INSTRUCTIONAL/SRP RAISES ROADMAP
- NEED MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT YOUR UNION HAS DONE FOR YOU LATELY?
- Instructional info - www.useponline.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Instructional-Graphic-revised.pdf
- SRP info - www.useponline.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SRP-Graphic-revised.pdf
- CHECKS AND ADDRESSES – ACTION REQUIRED!
- We have had an abundance of check concerns as of late, so preliminary changes are being made.
- It is incumbent on USEP members to update any residence or mailing changes with the District. USEP receives our information directly from the District download, which has each member’s latest reported information. Lost or errant checks because of incorrect mailing addresses will no longer be re-issued.
- Checks NOT CASHED WITHIN 90 DAYS will no longer be re-issued. It is the member’s responsibility to deal with check cashing within the noted timeframe (90 days).
- UNION + SCHOLARSHIP
- It’s time again to take advantage of a scholarship offer. This opportunity is open for Union members and members of their families. Scholarships range from $500 - 4,000. For more information, click on this link - Union Plus Scholarships for Union Members and Their Children | Union Plus.
- NOVEMBER REP COUNCIL
- Typically, the November Rep Council is conducted as an in-person meeting. With all the recent events transpiring, (Regional Meetings, Ratification, Fall Leadership Training, etc.) it has been determined that the November Rep Council should be conducted on Zoom this year. This will be on Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023, at 6 PM.