“THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU…”
TUESDAY, JUNE 13, 2023
Over the last few days, many, if not all, members have received ads promoting “Union Oversight Florida”. Let me be very clear - THIS IS NOT A PRO-UNION GROUP! They are making false statements and trying to undermine the hard work that local unions have accomplished on behalf of our members. THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART! This is a union busting organization trying to break up locals from the inside – by spreading misinformation and confusion.
Let’s look at what YOUR UNION – the UNITED SCHOOL EMPLOYEES OF PASCO – has done on your behalf recently:
- Negotiated the largest salary increase in recent history - 5.4% or more in many cases to employees.
- This was paid to employees at the beginning of the school year.
- Negotiated pay increases to take effect retro to July 1, 2022.
- Worked to clarify the Secondary Grading Practices and eliminate any changes for the upcoming year.
- Negotiated hurricane Ian make-up without having to work an additional 3 days.
- Worked for the last 5 years to get a referendum on the ballot, then worked with FEA and District staff to promote passage of the initiative – PROVIDING ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR ALL BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEES based on years of experience.
- THIS PAY-OUT WILL START WITH THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR!
- Negotiated additional pay for teaching an additional period of instruction - $6500 instead of $5500 for 2022-23.
- Negotiated to get secondary employees financial compensation for voluntarily subbing during planning.
- Negotiated to get elementary teachers paid for voluntarily accepting students into their class when a sub cannot be obtained.
- Negotiated higher PD pay.
- Got 2 of 3 TIGER Pride endorsed candidates elected to the School Board.
- Provide legal counsel for situations resulting from employees performing their job.
- We are currently working on contract language and salary conversations for this year!
USEP REALLY DOES CARE ABOUT YOU!
USEP REALLY DOES WORK FOR YOU!
USEP REALLY DOES HAVE YOUR BACK!
IT’S TIME YOU “STICK WITH YOUR UNION!”