TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2023
- OUT OF FIELD CERTIFICATION PROCESS
- After many years of conversation with the District, USEP can now claim a WIN for how the District will be dealing with OUT OF FIELD employees. Past procedures are now being adjusted and the intent is to limit OUT OF FIELD situations. Just one more way your Union is looking out for YOU!
- HB 1 – UNIVERSAL VOUCHERS
- The Universal Voucher bill, HB 1, was signed into law yesterday, March 27, at 6:03 PM. This bill will allow for funding to be provided to virtually any student/parent requesting to “opt-out” of Public School for their students’ education. The cost of this endeavor has been questioned from the outset, but inevitably will cost Public Schools in the State hundreds of thousands of dollars in available revenue. Just another example of government chipping away at Public Education funding to help Charter Schools and private schools at the expense of all students attending Public Neighborhood Schools.
- SB 256/HB 1445
- Action on SB 256, the Union-busting bill has slowed down. The bill was supposed to be heard in the Senate for a third reading and vote last week, but now seems like that will happen tomorrow, Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Many ridiculous amendments and changes have been added to this bill which only prove more vindictive to certain public sector employees.
- HB 1445 was not acted on in the House last Thursday, but is expected to be debated and voted upon this Friday at the next meeting.
- BOTH OF THESE BILLS WILL ELIMINATE EMPLOYER DUES COLLECTION! (SEE NEXT ITEM!)
- BOTH THESE BILLS REQUIRE A 60% DENSITY!
- USEP is preparing information about our eDues conversion so you will not lose any member benefits, including the ENFORCEMENT OF OUR CONTRACT!
- PLEASE WATCH FOR INFO ON eDues REGISTRATION!