Wednesday, April 29, 2020 Update
Hello USEP Members,
As we head down the home stretch of this new distance learning, USEP continues to work for our members. On Monday of this week, after conversation with USEP, the District agreed to pay all Spring Sport Coaches their full supplement. We have also dealt with workload expectations and utilizing a new platform to generate funding that will help pay employee salaries. We want to thank all our members for your loyalty, especially during this crisis. In these trying times, you have an advocate in USEP. Your dues pay for legal protection, contractual rights, working conditions and staff, who negotiate salaries. We have been working diligently to make sure member rights and needs are considered now and in the future.
We mentioned in a previous email that we are extending our â€œ3 For Freeâ€ Organizing campaign through May 29, 2020. As we head into the summer, it behooves us to do all we can to boost membership density by having conversations with potential members at our worksites. Whether it be in a PLC, Zoom meeting or however, we must advocate for our professional organization. Our ask for all of you is to recruit one member between now and May 29, 2020. If we accomplish that task, we, as an organization, will again meet the density guidelines set forth in statute. That would allow us to continue to be the Bargaining Agent for all employees in contract negotiations for this upcoming year. Please consider having a conversation with a potential member at your worksite to â€œintroduceâ€ them to your professional organization – USEP! Here are some Talking Points for recruiting conversations.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF USEP DURING DISTANCE LEARNING?
- No employees laid off for remainder of the year
- Full salary paid for all regular and part-time employees through remainder of the year
- Employee safety prioritized. No employee put into an unsafe environment
- Appropriate safety gear provided for employees in need (N95 and ventilator masks, gloves, etc.)
- Bonus pay for employees called to work during March 23-27, 2020
- Bonus pay for all Instructional employees completing the Distance Learning training
- Inservice points for all Instructional employees completing the Distance Learning training
- Collaborated Leave process for all employees regarding COVID-19/Compromised Immune Systems
- Clarified work-day expectations (7.5 hours as normal w/plan/lunch; address student/parent concerns in timely fashion)
- Clarified Google Voice is NOT REQUIRED
- All Spring Sport Coaches paid in full
- No evaluations this year for SRP & Instructional
Thanks for all you do daily. Stay healthy.
Don Peace, President
Link to Zoom meetings can be found here: http://www.useponline.org/zoom-worksite-meetings/