- PROGRESS MONITORING – USEP continues to work with senior District staff to provide resolution to the problematic roll-out and implementation of this year’s process. We had hoped to report finality to you prior to the break, however we still have some issues to resolve.
- ILLNESS IN THE LINE OF DUTY – The District rejected all USEP grievance claims at the Level II hearing. We are now scheduled for a Level III (Superintendent level) hearing in January. We continue to advocate for contract language dealing with illness related to work.
- $1,000 COVID RETENTION SUPPLEMENT – USEP continues to work, with positive results, on behalf of individual employees who had been overlooked for this payment.
- SALARY IMPROVEMENTS – Due to additional scrutiny by the state, USEP and the District are waiting for final FTE number adjustments for Pasco. The final number will ultimately indicate to both sides the funds available to bargain for salary improvements. We anticipate being able to enter serious economic conversations upon our return in January.
- SCHOOL START TIMES – USEP continues to monitor all aspects of the new school start times. This will ultimately affect every employee in some manner. We will advocate for employees who, because of the new times, are contractually impacted.
- USEP HIRES NEW BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVE – TJ Chaltry, currently an ELA teacher at Sunlake High School, has been hired as a Business Rep for USEP. TJ will start work for us on January 3 and will serve as the West Region Business Rep. Jeff Larsen, the current West Region Business Rep, has been officially promoted to the Director of Operations position. For the first time in nearly a year, the USEP office will be fully staffed.
FROM ALL OF US AT USEP:
DON, JEFF, LYNN, JESSICA, CANDIE, CASEY, SARA & EMILY (+ TJ)
WE WISH ALL OF YOU A WARM AND RESTFUL TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.